The primary responsibilities of the Property Management unit of Financial Services include the following:
- Accounting & reporting for the University’s capital assets including land, buildings, infrastructure, equipment, and project construction costs.
- Identifying and monitoring records of capital equipment including tagging capitalizable moveable equipment.
- Providing institutional reporting services to the University and other agencies including federal sponsors (i.e. NASA, DoD, etc.).
- Coordinating physical inventories of the University’s capital equipment.
- Managing the surplus property function and the Surplus Redistribution Center.