Fringe Benefit Rates
Fringe Benefits Rates
The Cost/Compliance unit ensures that employer paid fringe benefit expenses are posted properly to the University’s financial system. Employer paid fringe benefit expenses include Social Security, Medicare, workers’ compensation, unemployment, insurance, retirement, child care, and terminated annual leave pay-outs.
There are two different types of fringe benefit posting processes:
- The Fringe Actual process is run twice a month and posts the employer paid fringes associated with each paycheck of the month. Fringes posted with this process include Social Security, Medicare, insurance and retirement.
- The Fringe Rate process charges fringe benefit rates based on the expense balances in the salary line items for each account. There is a General Ledger (GL) fringe rate process and the normal fringe burdening process within the grants module.
Fringe Detail Report
For Grants and GL fringe benefit rates please click below.
Federally Approved Fringe Benefit Rates for Sponsored Agreements FY20 [xls]
- Federally Approved Fringe Benefit Rates for Sponsored Agreements FY19 [xls]
- General Ledger Fringe Rates FY19 [xls]
- Rates Prior to FY19
Fringe benefit cost transfers are performed using the procedure in the link below.
Fringe benefit schedule
- Fringe Schedule 2019 [pdf]