Skip to main content


West Virginia University departments must:
  • Affix an official West Virginia University bar code tag to property upon receipt or fabrication and report the tag number to the Property Management Office via the Asset Acquisition Form.
  • Place a federal agency tag along with the bar code tag if title vests with a federal agency. (If any portion of a fabrication vests with the federal government the department must apply a federal agency tag to the entire fabrication.)