Skip to main content

Movement of Property

University departments moving government property from one location to another on campus or to another location must:
  • Transfer the asset record on line in MAP Fixed Asset module via the procedure located at
  • Must get authorization for the move from appropriate departmental officials, including directors, deans and chairs.
  • Provide adequate physical protection for the equipment during the move. This includes packing, covering, skidding prevention, the use of property handling equipment, proper procedures and techniques and safety precautions.
  • Contact the Property Management office for assistance when moving governmental property to off campus or to another facility to determine if prior approval from the granting agency is required.