Skip to main content
The Property Management Department must maintain official records that:
- Show the status of all equipment purchased, fabricated or furnished by the government.
(This includes equipment located on campus or in the custody of a subcontractor.)
- Control the disposition of equipment. This may include location changes, changes
in custodian, parts removed and recovered, or the transfer of equipment from
one project to another.
- Are specific to certain kinds of equipment. For example, the University must maintain
- Sensitive property - must be marked as such on equipment inventory records.
- Industrial plant equipment
- Equipment replaced under warranty - the University must keep records for equipment
returned to the manufacturer under warranty.