Skip to main content
- The effective stewardship and accountability of property, both West
Virginia University and sponsor owned, are essential.
- Property is accountable to
designated departments, each of which is responsible for the day-to-day management,
use, care, record-keeping and disposal of assets.
- Each employee of West Virginia University has a general obligation to safeguard and
make appropriate use of property owned by or accountable to the University.
includes property either assigned for individual use, or as part of a common area.
This obligation includes but is not limited to:
- Notifying/updating Property Management of the acquisition, movement, or disposal
- Exercising reasonable care in use to prevent damage and maintain good condition,
- Exercising reasonable security measures to prevent theft or misuse,
- Reporting lost, stolen, damaged or other wise impaired property to appropriate
parties, including but not limited to a direct supervisor or common area manager.