Sponsored Award Definitions
The Grants Module Sponsored Expenditure file contains the following fields:
Project – Project Number
Task Org – Organization assigned to the Task.
Award Org – Organization assigned to the Award.
Expenditure Org – Organization assigned to the expenditure.
Departmental Activity – The Expenditure Organization converted to a Department Activity (DA) number.
College – The College assigned to the DA number.
College Roll-up – A higher level of College to further summarize the results by College.
Expenditure Type – Expenditure Type (line item) of each transaction.
MTDC CP – The cost category assigned to each expenditure type. The cost categories are as follows:
- Y - The expenditure type is a part of the modified total direct cost base and it is subject to Facilities and Administrative (F&A) rate charges.
- N – The expenditure type is not part of the modified total direct cost base and it is excluded from F&A rate charges.
- F&A – The expenditure type for F&A rate charges.
- Sub Cont – The expenditure type used for subcontract expenses. The first $25,000 of each subcontract is subject to F&A rate charges and anything above that is excluded.
- CP – Denotes expenditure types on a sponsored award that is classified as a capital project. Most expenditures on a capital project are exempt from F&A rate charges.
Award – Award Number
Award Manager – Award Manager of the award in MAP.
Principal Investigator – Principal Investigator of the award in MAP.
Award Type – Award Type category to classify the type of sponsor.
Award Type Roll-up – A higher level of award type to further summarize the results by agency type.
Fed/FFT – Field used to break out awards as federal (Fed), federal flow through (FFT), and those not federal (N).
ARRA – Field used to break out awards that are part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) and those that are not ARRA.
Task – Task number
Task Manager – Task Manager of the award in MAP.
Category – Expenditure Category of the Expenditure Type field.
Sponsoring Agency – Sponsor of the Award.
Project Title – Project Title in MAP.
Agency Number – Contract/Grant number assigned by the sponsoring agency.
Service Type – Service Type (function) assigned to the expenditure.
Allowability Schedule – Allowability schedule assigned in MAP (On-Campus, Off-Campus, Drug Study, etc.)
Fund – Fund assigned to the award in MAP.
Indirect Cost Rate – F&A rate for the award.
Rate Category – Field used to break out F&A rates in different categories for reporting/data analysis purposes.
Award Start Date – Start Date of the Award in MAP.
Award End Date – End Date of the Award in MAP.
Expend to Date Sum – Fiscal Year-To-Date expenses as of the
date assigned to the file.